A famous Scottish dessert typically enjoyed in the summer months, Cranachan is still a firm favourite for a dessert that you can easily whip up, with very little ingredients. Each family often has their own twist on this Scottish classic, from the liqueur that is added to different garnishes that give a little something extra. With oats, honey and raspberries this is a beautifully sweet dessert, with bold flavours.
Here at Fine Scottish Hampers, we are always looking for great new recipes that can highlight the very best of what we have to offer. We feel that this great recipe for Scottish Cranachan, will allow you to enjoy that little touch of summer on a gloomy Autumn day with just a few cupboard essentials from high quality suppliers.
Scottish Cranachan RecipeIngredients
- In a heavy based pan, toast the oats until they release a pleasant nutty flavour and turn a light brown colour. Set to the side.
- In a bowl whisk your double cream until soft peaks form. Make sure these aren’t too stiff as the mixture will go thick and ruin the dish.
- Fold in your honey, oats, whisky and raspberry jam so that a marble effect forms. Set aside.
- Take a few Raspberry & White Chocolate Shortbread biscuits and place in a freezer bag. Seal the end and crush with a rolling pin until the biscuit breaks up into a rubble-like texture.
- To serve, place a small amount of the shortbread rubble in the base of each glass. Layer with the creamy mixture and repeat until the glass is full.
- To garnish, you can top with some extra toasted oats, or a little extra white chocolate for a luxurious edge.