The January blues may be slowly creeping in, but with Burn’s Night just around the corner, the perfect Scottish feast gives us all something to look forward to. Including the traditional Haggis and more contemporary treats that the whole family can enjoy, a Fine Scottish Hamper is the perfect way to kick off the Scottish celebration. To make the occasion extra special, why not create your very own Burns Night Food Hamper, for a tailor made supper, no matter where you are on January 25th 2017. Take a look at our suggestions below, for the perfect selection that will tickle the tastebuds.
Find the perfect drink to complement your fine Scottish food, from our selection of Spirits, Liqueurs, Wine, Beer, Cider, Champagne or tantalizing soft drinks. Our top picks include;
- Whisky - a Burns Night essential, we have a great selection of Scotch whiskies available in both large bottles and miniatures. One of our favourites is the award winning Lagavulin 16 Year Old, to us, this is the benchmark of great whisky.
- Gin - our Edinburgh Gin comes in a range of different flavours, but our favourite is the Elderflower Infused Gin, made with freshly picked elderflowers that gives the drink a fruity floral taste.
- Elderberry Sparkling Drink - a Great Taste Award winner, this is the perfect soft drink to complement your hamper.
- Beer - the Innis & Gunn Toasted Oak India Pale Ale has a unique full bodied freshness that we love.
Image: Stahlys Scotch Haggis
- Haggis - a Scottish favourite, haggis is the traditional dish of Burns Night. Although if that doesn’t excite your tastebuds we have plenty more locally sourced Scottish meat for you to try.
- Smoked Salmon - a firm favourite at this time of year, our fresh salmon is locally sourced for the most intense flavour.
- Pâte - a great entree at any dinner party our delicious range of pates will wow your guests.
A must have at any Burns Night Supper, a cheese board is not complete without the finest Scottish cheeses. Our Brie, Blue Cheese and Arran flavoured cheeses present the perfect base of flavour for memorable indulgence.
Image: Deanston 12 Year Old Malt Whisky Handmade Fudge
- Scottish Shortbread - we love the classic buttery taste of the award winning Shortbread House Handmade Shortbread, the classic flavours are perfect enjoyed with a cup of tea.
- Fudge - choose from our selection of creamy and delicious award winning fudge, handmade for that personal touch.
- Chocolate - our favourite Scottish Berries Chocolates are a real treat, made with the finest natural ingredients, they offer a delicious fruity taste.
So no matter what you are doing this Burns Night make sure you eat, drink and enjoy. Still can’t decide what to include in your hamper?
We also offer a range of pre-made hampers, take a look here to find the perfect one for you.
What are you doing this Burns Night? Let us know via Facebook or Twitter