An award-winning and popular brand, Isabella’s Preserves is based in rural Aberdeenshire and offers a delicious selection of homemade relishes, jams and marmalades. All made with the finest Scottish produce, the brand offers a range to please the whole family. So if you’re wondering how you can enjoy these savoury treats, take a look at these brilliant recipe ideas from Isabella’s Preserves.
Hot Banana Chicken (Serves 4)
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 275ml (½ pint) chicken stock
- 1 x 200g jar of Isabella’s Hot Banana Chutney
- 200ml of coconut milk (½ a 400ml tin)
- Oil for frying
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir fry the chicken in the oil until cooked.
- Pour the chicken stock into the frying pan and simmer over a medium heat until the stock has reduced by a third.
- Add the jar of Hot Banana Chutney to the pan and stir.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring back to a gentle simmer.
- Check for seasoning and serve.
Try Isabella’s Hot Banana Chutney with rice, naan bread, cheese, in a baked potato, in a baguette or even with fish and chips!
Image: Isabella's Preserves Hot Banana Chutney 200g
Medallions Of Venison With Damson Jelly & Gin Sauce (Serves 4)
- 4 venison fillets
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 3 Tblsp Isabella’s Damson Jelly with Gin
- 284ml (½ pint) beef stock
- 140ml (¼ pint) red wine
- Melt butter in a large frying pan until hot.
- Fry the venison fillets for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Remove the venison from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the stock and red wine to the frying pan, reduce the heat and cook the liquid until reduced by half.
- Add the Isabella’s Damson Jelly with Gin and stir to dissolve.
- Season the sauce to taste and return the venison to the pan to coat in the sauce.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and fine green beans.
This delicious sauce can also be served with pate, cold pork, game pie or a creamy brie.
Image: Isabella's Preserves Damson Jelly With Gin
For more tasty delights from Isabella’s Preserves, please click here.
Recipes courtesy of www.isabellaspreserves.co.uk.