Want a change from your usual plain crepe style pancakes this Shrove Tuesday? Why not try this tasty pancake recipe with a cheeky Scottish twist. Including your favourite dram for that extra burst of rich flavour, it’s sure to spice up your pancake day!
Recipe taken from Good Food with a few Fine Scottish Hampers twists.
Makes: 4 pancakes
- 55g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 150ml Milk
- 15g Butter
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Honey - we recommend Blossom Honey
- 3 tbsp Whisky - take a look at our delicious collection sourced from Scotland here.
- 300ml Orange Juice
- Add the flour and salt to a large bowl - make sure to sieve! - and make a well in the centre for the egg.
- Whisk in the milk gradually, until you have created a smooth batter, your traditional pancake mix.
- Heat your frying pan, with the temperature around medium to high with a splash of oil. Now add enough batter to cover the base and cook, flipping halfway through till you achieve a nice golden brown colour on each side.
- Once you have cooked all four pancakes set to the side, fold in half and then in half again to make 4 triangle type shapes.
- In your now empty frying pan add the orange juice, honey and butter and bring bring to the boil. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then, the fun part, add your choice of whisky.
- Slide your pre-cooked pancakes into the sauce and heat through for about 30 seconds.
For serving we suggest a delicious helping of fruit, or maybe a tasty Isabella’s Preserves Jam
, our favourite it the Raspberry! Take a look at our mouthwatering preserves here